Promotional Competition Rules – Terms and Conditions
Kotex® Change The Tune Competition
Terms and Conditions:
- The Promoter is Kotex®.
- The Competition is only open to natural South African Citizens.
- The Competition runs from [19 April to 16 May 2021]. The competition shall close at 22:00 on [ 16 May 2021]. Any entries received thereafter will not be accepted.
- Kotex® reserves the right to reasonably extend, shorten, suspend the time period of the Competition or terminate the Competition for technical, commercial, and/or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
- Copies of these terms and conditions are visible on the Kotex® Website and will be made available to entrants via email on request.
- By entering the competition, each entrant agrees that they have had the opportunity to read and consider these terms and conditions, including any other rules so developed or to be developed, to which they are bound. Furthermore, the entrants agree to be bound by the Release Form and any other agreements as they appear on the https://www.kotex.co.za/change-the-tune associated with this competition.
- The entrants to this competition understand and agree that in order to offer the competition, Kotex® must collect and use the personal information of the entrants. This competition is conducted under the terms of applicable privacy law.
- By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by the Kotex® for the purposes of the administration of this competition to which the entrant has consented.
- The competition is open to entrants from the age of 16 and older. Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain written consent from their parents or guardians before entering.
- There is no limit to the number of times a person may enter.
- Persons who are either a director, member, partner, employee or agent of Kotex®, any consultant, agent, sponsor of Kotex®, as well as any family members of Kotex® employees, and any other person who is controlled by Kotex®,
- A supplier of goods or services in connection with the competition.
- Kotex® shall not be responsible for entries that are submitted late, incomplete, incorrect, illegible, corrupted or that are damaged, delayed or not received due to technical problems howsoever arising.
- Entries via agents, third parties or submitted using multiple accounts are invalid and the entrant will be automatically disqualified.
- All entries and intellectual property therein become the property of Kotex® and are not returned.
- The entrants unconditionally and irrevocably indemnify and hold harmless Kotex® and its successors, employees, officers, suppliers/service providers, contractors, agents, consultants, directors and shareholders against all and any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages (direct, indirect, consequential or of whatsoever nature), liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis), medical costs, injury or damage to property howsoever arising out of, including from wilful misconduct or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any such person, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the entrants participation in the competition, to the maximum permitted by law.
- Kotex® shall not be responsible for any costs or expenses whatsoever which the entrant or any other person incurs during and for purposes of entry into the competition including the acceptance and/or use of a prize.
- Kotex® reserves the right to cancel or alter any aspects of the competition at any time and at its sole discretion without any liability whatsoever and howsoever arising.
- If an entrant contravenes these rules, the entrant may be disqualified from the competition at the sole discretion of Kotex®.
The competition shall run on Kotex® social media platform, namely, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook. The following additional rules shall apply:
- The entrants shall use #ChangeTheTune followed by their written, audio or video submission to enter. When audio or video is submitted the entrants must supply a transcript (i.e., a written version) and when submitted in vernacular, entrants must supply the English translation.
- The entrant releases the social media platform from any liability in any respect.
- Entrants may not inaccurately tag content, and such inaccurate tagging shall result in disqualification.
- The entrants acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the various social media platforms.
- The entrants acknowledge that they use the social media platform at their own risk.
- The entrant may not use multiple accounts, and anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be disqualified.
- By entering, entrants agree to comply with the policies and rules set by that social media platform they have submitted using. The rules for the various social media platforms may be viewed at the respective social media platform.
Prizes and Winner selection
- The following prizes are up for grabs:
- Main Prize is a VIP music video shoot experience over 2 days valued at R40,000 which includes:
- Airport Transfers
- General transport
- Hotel accommodation
- Spa treatment
- Power Shopping Experience
- Dinner with Boity®
- Attendance of Music Video shoot
- Kotex® Product hampers (limited to pads, tampons and pantyliners) valued at R500
- Dischem vouchers valued at R500 each
- Spotify Vouchers to the maximum value of R800 each.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at the sole discretion of Kotex® without any communication.